Tuesday, March 15, 2016

We Should Not Forget About The Cowardly Conservative Leaders Who Betrayed Us

A movement needs leaders, and those leaders need to be principled and trustworthy. When they reveal themselves to be cowards or frauds, when they sell out the very movement they’re supposed to be leading, it behooves the rest of us to remember their betrayals. It’s not that we should seek revenge or hold onto our grudges, but we should be prudent. We should not trust, listen to, or take the advice and guidance of people who’ve shown themselves to be interested more in money and ratings than truth.

So, as much as I didn’t want to write this, here is my new piece which explains why conservatives must reject the leadership of those who turned their backs on the cause for Trump’s sake, and also calls many of the turncoats out by name. It probably is not good for my career to criticize by name the very people who could help me advance my career if I sucked up to them, but honestly, at this point, I don’t care.

Of course, there are others I didn’t name here. I would take me 40 pages to list them all. But I wanted to make sure I made special mention of the very famous and trusted name like Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter, Bill O’Reilly, Matt Drudge, Laura Ingraham, etc. And particularly some of the influential Christian figures like Jerry Falwell Jr and Robert Jeffress. There are others called out in this piece as well. These are people who’ve made enormous amounts of money on the trust of conservatives like myself. But the moment they had to choose between the money and the trust, they took the money.

For our own sake and for the sake of the principles we believe in, we cannot forget what they’ve done:

CLICK HERE TO READ THE POST

The post We Should Not Forget About The Cowardly Conservative Leaders Who Betrayed Us appeared first on The Matt Walsh Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment